Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Two games.. Mid&End Year Project.. F.O.D

During my one-year G.A.M.E course at FriendsOfDesign, I managed to successfully complete two games using Blender, Photoshop and Unity 3D. They might not be insanely cool, but given the circumstances, I did a damn good job; even if I do say so myself :)
____________________________________________________________

Before moving on and seeing screenshots of my games, I thought I'd show you the first project I did during my IT Programming year. As you can see, it's a temperature converter website. The mathematics that went into the whole conversion was quite something, but I managed to get it right. I'm cool like that. Cool, get it? :)
This right here is my Final Art Painting Exam for matric. The project was "Who Do You Think You Are?". So since my dad is Greek and my mom, South African; It's only fitting that I add both European and African aspects. I know the Colosseum is Roman, not Greek, but the idea and grounds for material was inspired by the Greeks. Booyah! Plus. it's awesome, like me! :)
"Looking Deeper" - Inspired by Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'(left) & just a simple Man vs. Beast(right)
My first painting done in the first year of high school. Titled "City Life".
I am a HUGE Batman fan! Greatest superhero of all time! Superman can suck it! Amped for Man of Steel though :P
____________________________________________
Jungle Ryder
The start screen to my first game. A car game I had finished in just two weeks. One circuit to finish in a race-against-time. I did this cover in the last 5 minutes lol, hence.
My car has two machine guns attached on the front to shoot rocks out of the way. I have health, therefore, avoid the fire puddles. A race-against-time hence LapTime. I have a speedometer too :)
I have the soundtrack of a guy laughing in the background, it's hilarious!
I got the highest mark in my class for my first game, 100%! Yip, I'm awesome!
________________________________________________________________

The start screen to my second game and end-of-year project, of which I received 78% for. Proud? Yes, I am :)


Next, a few in-game screenshots








What I wanted my in-game screen to look like, had I been given more time, and a lot more knowledge, but hey, it'll come. Soon I will be one of the greatest! Btw, I designed everything on this screen in Photoshop with the help of tutorial videos :)




My Loading screen :) Made in Photoshop. A pleasure.

Game props I designed :)
 _____________________________________________



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing post!!! :D
You are extremely talented!
Well done on your work so far, and your skills just keep increasing!
You just can't help it can you :) awesomeness just flows through your veins!

!Kaylin the inKredible!

The touch at the end, it got me!
YOU'RE SO AMAZING :)

--> BumbleBee <--