Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gladiator, why I love it...



The film “Gladiator” is not only a graphic depiction of the Roman Empire but also an amazing display of talent and pure awesomeness as they come.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"


The most impeccable display of strength, courage, passive rage, pain, heartbreak and most of all (my weakness) patience with a hint of restraint. Wow.

Russell Crowe, you beauty you! And Ridley Scott takes the speech right out of me.

Gladiator is based around a tough general who conquers lands by killing and leading men to kill, portrayed as a loving, caring father who counts the days till he gets to see his family again. "In this life or the next". Makes my heart melt.. Drip drip drip..SPLAT!

I love this film! I even bought myself the film soundtrack :) - after all, it is done by the greatest film composer and music producer Hans Zimmer (in collaboration with Lisa Gerrard). Genius!

"Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bare" - Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Oh and I forgot to mention how much I appreciate Djimon Hounsou as a supporting role in this film.."Not yet, not yet.." His words really stuck by me and I feel it is through his character, that Maximus built his patience for revenge and for seeing his family again.
We all have that one special person in our life that keeps us grounded. Our own 'Juba'(Djimon's character).


There is and never will be a movie that'll touch me as much as this one did. Perfection.


Although The Lord of the Rings trilogy (& The Hobbit) is definitely my favorite, it's in a different league to Gladiator, and no one should dare ask me to choose between them. Or else!

No comments: